The current Knight Library was designed by Ellis F. Lawrence and constructed in 1937. The facade has been described as “exotic . . . a combination of modernized Lombardy and Greco-Roman with art deco details.”
The building contains intricate exterior and interior decorative work, including 15 stone heads by Edna Dunberg and Louise Utter Pritchard, ornamental memorial gates by O. B. Dawson, carved wooden panels by Arthur Clough and two large murals painted by Albert and Arthur Runquist. The building and the quadrangle it faces are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.