Panel #5 – TV Advertising: New Directions or the Same Old Game
What is Television – Panel #5 – TV Advertising: New Directions or the Same Old Game
Moderator: Priscilla Peña Ovalle, University of Oregon, USA
- Cynthia B. Meyers, College of Saint Vincent, USA – Changing Industry Views of Audience Toleration of Commercials: Hulu v. Netflix
- Gennadiy Chernov, University of Regina, Canada, and David Koranda, University of Oregon, USA - Consumer Perception Of Advertising Content Within The Context Of Local Television News
- Allison Nettnin, Allegheny College, USA – Gleeking Out: New Directions in Television Branding
- Harsha Gangadharbatla, University of Oregon, USA, Kelty Logan, University of Colorado, USA, and Laura Bright, Texas Christian University, USA – Just How Valuable is Television Advertising compared to Advertising on Social Media in the Minds of Consumers?
- Darcey West Morris, Georgia State University, USA – Why “Addressable” Means You’re Too Accessible: The Future of Television Advertising
What is Television? A Conference to Explore the Past, Present, and Future of Television. March 1- 3, Portland, OR. Organized by Dr. Janet Wasko and the School of Journalism and Communication. For more about the conference, visit the website.